Online registrations have closed. For more information contact Darren Wensor Ph. 02 9633 4511 (Ext 108) or email@example.com.
Take your first step into “event specific” athletics coaching! All practical. No exam. No previous experience necessary! Learn from the Little Athletics experts!
The Introduction to Coaching Course (ITCC) is designed to help participants become better placed to assist children to perform basic athletics skills.
The ITCC is a practical coaching course designed for Little Athletics and conducted on behalf of Little Athletics Australia. It covers how to teach basic working models for each event on the Little Athletics program. Participants will be shown event-specific skills, drills, games and activities relevant to the target age group.
Who is the course for?
The course is great for parents, school teachers and other interested people who want to know a little more about the skills of the sport so that they may help to coach children of primary school age, assist at Little Athletics centres or prepare students for a school athletics carnival.
This course is suitable for:
· People with little or no athletics coaching experience
· People who are considering attending a Level 1 Community Athletics Coach Course
· People who have completed a Level 1 Community Coach Athletics Accreditation*
6.5 hours attendance face-to-face (No pre-course work or reading required)
At the conclusion of the course the participant will, for the target age group:
· Better understand an appropriate working model for each Little Athletics event
· Have a greater knowledge of appropriate drills, skills, games and activities for each event
· Identify some of the more common technical faults associated with each event
· Have a basic understanding of a simple coaching session
· Better understand how to organise a group safely
· All participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of the course.
· There are no other course prerequisites.
· There is no exam, written or practical.
· While physical participation in each of the activities is strongly encouraged, it is not compulsory.
· Participants will need to bring clothing suitable for participating in the various events, a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, pen, notepaper, and your own lunch, drinks and snacks. Participants may be asked to bring their own folding chair to some venues.
This course sits outside of the Athletics Coach Accreditation Framework and therefore no formal accreditation is gained for attendance.
Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019
Venue: Fearnley Dawes Athletics Centre, Newcastle Athletics Field Smith Street, Newcastle West
Age: minimum is 16yrs+
Time: 9.00am – 3.30pm (sign on from 8.45am)
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday, 23 October 2019
Presenter: Kerry Smith – Level 4 Coach
For more information, contact Darren Wensor – Little Athletics NSW Head of Coach & Volunteer Development Ph. 02 9633 4511 (Ext 108) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy: There will be a $5 admin fee for those wanting to withdraw prior to the closing date. There will be strictly no refund after the closing date as the presenter and course would be confirmed as going ahead.
*If you have completed your Level 1 Community Athletics Coach Accreditation during the past 12 months, please contact Bronwyn White – Hunter Regional Development Officer – for associated opportunities. Email: email@example.com.