The Little Athletics NSW Sunday Coaching School supports ongoing coach learning and development. The bi-weekly sessions, held live on Zoom, feature leading coaches as guests.
The guests provide an insight into their coaching background, philosophies and practices, and answer questions submitted in advance from the attendees.
Bonus: Live attendees get access to an “Inside Scoop” Q&A session with the guest that does not feature in the session recording.
The sessions are aimed coaches, parents, and anyone who wants to learn more about coaching and developing young athletes.
It is FREE to register to attend a session live. A Zoom link will be sent to you on booking.
PLEASE NOTE: Sunday Coaching School sessions are recorded. The audio and video recording is made publicly available via YouTube and the Sunday Coaching School podcast. Attendees are asked to mute their microphones during the recorded parts of the session so that they do not feature in the recording.
Scroll down to see what is coming up!
Get the latest session announcements with the Little Athletics NSW Workforce App.
Watch previous session video recordings via the Sunday Coaching School Archive
Listen to Sunday Coaching School Podcast Episodes
(Australian Eastern Daylight Times)
John Quinn is a widely respected leader in the elite coaching field with experience across a diverse range of sports along with extensive expertise in allied health.
John’s career has spanned more than 35 years. He has worked with many of Australia’s leading athletes and coaches across sports as diverse as track and field, soccer, swimming, AFL, rugby league, tennis, cricket and Olympic bobsleigh.
Just a few of John’s accomplishments include:
• Sprints and relay coach for the Australian track and field team at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games
• Head fitness coach and High Performance Manager for Essendon Football Club (AFL) 1998 – 2008.
• Australian fitness coach for two International Rules Series – Australia and Ireland (AFL)
• High Performance Manager of Greater Western Sydney Giants Football Club (AFL). This included extensive involvement in initial structures and procedures for the strength and conditioning, sport science and medical departments of the Club along with facility development at both Blacktown Sports Park and Sydney Olympic Park. 2010 – 2014.
• Head Conditioner with the Socceroos in 2006 in a friendly competition in Kuwait
• High Performance Coach for AFL All Stars Team 2010.
• Strength and Conditioning coach in the Indian Cricket League 2009
• Academy Director – GWS Giants Football Club (AFL) 2015 – 2019
• Director QESS – Exercise Physiology Services (Sydney & Melbourne) 2015 –
• Conducted extensive review into the structures and procedures of the Athletics Department of The Scots College, Sydney 2018
• Conducted a performance review into the sports science and medicine departments of the GWS Giants in 2018. With recommendations implemented, the Giants contested the Club’s first ever AFL Grand Final in September 2019.
John’s Qualifications Include:
• Sport Science degree (Coaching & Physiology) , University of New South Wales
• Master of Science and Technology (OHS), University of New South Wales
• Post Graduate Certificate of Nutrition, Deakin University.
• Accredited Sports & Exercise Physiologist
• Member of Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
• Level 5 International Track & Field Coach (IAAF)
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others – either by video or audio-only or both, all while conducting live chats.
You can attend a Zoom meeting with your video and/or audio on or off. You can actively participate or simply sit back, watch and listen. During a Zoom session, you can chat or ask questions by written text using the chat function or you can speak using your microphone. The meeting “host” will usually instruct all attendees on protocols for the meeting.
If you haven’t used Zoom before, you can try it out by joining a “test” meeting. Check out the Zoom test link and instructions HERE.
You can view a video about joining a zoom meeting and read further instructions HERE.
For more information about the Little Athletics NSW Sunday Coaching School, contact Darren Wensor – Head of Coach & Volunteer Development – via email email@example.com or phone 02 8070 6121.