LEAP is a new and exciting, invite only, athlete development program that is exclusive to a limited number of athletes. The aim of LEAP is to identify emerging athletes in each Little Athletics event and provide unique opportunities to assist in their athletics development and encourage further participation in the sport of Track and Field.
Leap will offer two “members only” exclusive live-in camps to be held at the Sydney Academy of Sport & Recreation Centre, Narrabeen offering training on a tartan track, recovery pool, indoor/outdoor courts for fun and games, all nestled within bushland surroundings.
The camp program has been designed to provide members:
- Access to nationally accredited, recognised and respected coaches and athletes
- Exclusive development opportunities (coaching & workshops) to improve their athletics ability in their qualifying event
- A pathway to towards “next level” opportunities such as ALAC & National U15 Camp
- Encouragement for long-term participation in the sport of track and field
- Social opportunities and develop interpersonal skills with like-minded others
- Develop a TEAM focused atmosphere
The Camps offers members:
- Coaching sessions planned each day, you will be able to enhance your performance in your event and improve your general fitness
- Workshops each day focussing on various topics such as strength & conditioning and stretching
- Guest appearances by senior elite athletes
- Social and fun activities to promote the TEAM aspect
The camps are all inclusive including accommodation, meals, activities and of course coaching. It is specifically designed for maximum learning, interpersonal development and most of all FUN.
NOTE: The LEAP Squad requires that all participants be registered with Little Athletes NSW for the upcoming season of 2022-23. Centre registrations open in August, and therefore you sign up with LEAP with the intention to then register with your Centre.
“The LEAP program gave my child more than I could have expected. It developed her not only within athletics but also herself”
Parent from the 2022/23 Program
For any further questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.